Spring time is great for laying on the beach, enjoying the great outdoors, and getting a start on spring cleaning and household repairs. Homeowners should also use the warmer weather to clean, organize, inspect and make any necessary repairs.
There are several things that a homeowner should do during this time of year. Things to consider are clean the gutters, flush out your vent system and recaulk any cracks around the windows and doors of your home. Other items on your to-do list should include:
– Clean siding around your home with a pressure washer to prevent mold
– Replace wood rot and paint your exterior
– Clean your window screens or replace them with new solar ones
– Drain your hot water heater
– Check and replace batteries in flashlights and remote controls
– Check and replace batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
– Check and replace air conditioning and furnace filters
– Service your air conditioning and clean your coils
– Fertilize your yard
– Adjust your sprinkler heads
– Rake your yard
Although there are many additional things that can be added to this list the goal is to minimize future costly repairs and to maintain your home’s true value.
If you are not a handy person or have a green thumb, checkout our list of contractors and vendors.
It’s also a great time to consider purchasing a residential service contract designed to save you money in the invent you have unforeseen repairs. For more information and a list of companies, click here.
Posted by Mike Cusimano with Premiere Team Real Estate